Learn What it takes to be a Big!
If you have ever considered mentoring a child, now is the time to get involved! Below are the basic requirements for applicants who are interested in becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister. We enroll children between kindergarten and 8th grade and it is our hope a volunteer will stay matched until their Little is 18years old and beyond. Of course, you’ll be able to choose the age group and background you are most comfortable with.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Twelve (12) month commitment from the day the match begins.
- Weekly contact with Little at a minimum of two times per month in person.
- Reliable transportation.
- No DUI or DWI convictions within the last 3 years
- No illegal drug use or substance abuse/misuse in the last 3 years
- Driving record has no more than 2 moving violations in the last year and no more than 3moving violations in the last 3 years. (Seat belt, expired tags, etc. are not moving violations)
- Provide a copy of social security card or W-2 form showing full 9-digit SS number (required for background screenings)
- All volunteers are required to complete online agency trainings prior to being matched.