Beyond School Walls
Our Beyond School Walls program is aimed at helping students improve their chances of graduating and transitioning to the workplace and/or post-secondary education. You can open up the doors of hope and opportunity for students by allowing them to shadow volunteer employee mentors in the workplace for just a few hours each month during the school year.
How it Works:
- Students are matched with volunteer mentor employees.
- For a minimum of two school years (junior and senior years), students shadow their mentors in the workplace once a month for four hours.
- During each visit, workplace partners conduct a brief workshop on a selected skill of the month for the students.
- Workplace partners provide breakfast and lunch to students.
If you would like to learn more about our Beyond School Walls program, please contact our Vice President of Programs, Krissy Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 433-5437.
Partnering High Schools & Businesses:
- Crestview High School
- Escambia High School
- Pensacola High School
- Pine Forest High School
- S.L. Jones Christian Academy, Inc.
- Washington High School