So many ways to get started
School to Work
Many young people leave school before graduating and live in a cycle of poverty. School to Work is a new program aimed at helping students improve their chances of graduating and transitioning to the workplace and/or post-secondary education. It targets students who are at risk of not graduating, gives them exposure to workplace environments, and matches them with mentors who can encourage them to stay in school and make an empowered transition to the next phase of their life. Allowing these students to shadow volunteer employee mentors in the workplace will open doors of hope and opportunity.
How It Works
- Students are matched with volunteer mentor employees.
- For a minimum of two school years (junior and senior years), students shadow their mentors in the workplace once a month for four hours.
- During each visit, workplace partners conduct a brief workshop on a selected skill of the month for the students.
- Workplace partners provide breakfast and lunch to students.
- BBBS staff provide support & guidance to workplace partners and students.
The School to Work program offers an opportunity for individual employees to become mentors and make a difference in students’ lives by watching the students as their self esteem blossoms, grades improve, and they graduate high school with plans for a future.
Interested in becoming a volunteer for School to Work? Click here.
Want to enroll your child in School to Work? Click here.
Need more information about volunteering? Click here.
Want to make a donation to support our programs? Click here.
© 2014 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida, 1149 Creighton Road, Suite 1, Pensacola, FL 32504, 850-433-5437
923 Denton Boulevard NW, Ft Walton Beach, FL 32547, 850-664-5437
1137 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401, 850-763-5437
Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Big Brothers Big Sisters logo, and Start Something are service marks of Big Brothers
Big Sisters of America, Inc. (BBBSA) and are used under a license from BBBSA. All rights reserved.